The percentage of smart home growth in Italy exceeds 20% a year. These are residential solutions that guarantee a high level of comfort and that thanks to the development of digital technologies can now be realized without having to carry out masonry work. As a result, the costs for performing the operation are significantly reduced compared to the past, as well as the time of implementation. Wireless home automation is an increasingly popular mode due to its versatility and advantages. First of all it can be applied to any room and to any electrical device, not just appliances. Secondly, it guarantees real-time management and monitoring via the network.
I was lucky enough to take a picture of my interior project in which the owners wanted to set up a system that would allow them to have a home automation. In this article you can see some of the photos of this project and imagine being able to control in a smart way the lights, the shutters, the music and much more of this beautiful penthouse with swimming pool.
But let’s go with order!
The advantages of a smart home
The application of home automation to your home allows you to use and manage systems connected remotely thanks to the installed control unit. However, please note that the system’s functionalities vary depending on the type and number of connected devices and the level of complexity of the network created.
The advantages guaranteed by this housing solution are:
- checking the safety levels of all connected devices;
- the possibility to remotely activate and switch off the appliances, the heating system, the lighting systems, the security systems and the blackout ones. This can be done via a remote control or, thanks to wi-fi connections, from your PC or from a mobile device connected to the internet. In the latter case, for the control of household appliances, shutters, lighting and heating it is sufficient to set parameters and controls on a tablet or a smartphone on which the appropriate app has been downloaded;
- connect the video and audio systems in all the rooms of the house;
- the possibility of being able to deduct 50% or 65% of the costs incurred for the purchase and installation of home automation systems from the IRPEF declaration. In fact, the Stability Law includes these items of expenditure both in the Restructuring Bonus and in the Ecobonus;
- reduce energy consumption, not only in household appliances, but also in lighting and heating systems. In fact, the possibility to activate and deactivate the devices at a distance thanks to the control interface allows to realize an energy saving management of the house. For example, you can set the lighting of the rooms based on the presence of people inside them, their functionality and the amount of natural light. In this way, in the transition areas, the savings in electricity consumption can even reach 75%.
The latest proposals for wireless home automation
Wireless home automation turns out to be extremely advantageous also due to the fact that they can be adapted to the various situations in order to meet any need and request of the user. At the same time it makes it possible to make each appliance and each electrical device independent of one another. So you can manage each element as if it were a separate system.
One of these solutions is the home automation system made available by the Italian company Bticino which is based on the exploitation of the wi-fi network to create a real smart home. The system is installed by specialized technicians of the same company and is managed directly via smartphone or tablet thanks to the app. In addition to ensuring a higher level of automation, it avoids overloads and receives an alarm in the event of gas or water leaks. As an alternative, wireless home automation allows you to interface with the Google Assistant application, a useful support for managing a smart home in an efficient way. Just tell the virtual assistant what to do and the digital system will program the home automation system.
The apartment you see in these photos has just installed BTicino that interfaces with Google Assistant. Even during my photo shoot, it was enough to say “OK Google” and then say the sentence to command, for example, certain lights that we needed to take pictures!