The bathroom has assumed an increasing importance and from a place where to pass hastily and only to perform necessary functions has turned into a real area of relaxation.
To achieve this, you must ensure that each area of the environment is characterized by performing and aesthetically appealing features.
In particular, as regards the sink, try to harmonize it with the most suitable mixer that respects its style.
Think that Hansgrohe has also carried out tests to define the level of comfort of different combinations of sink and mixer!
What are Hansgrohe’s comfort zone tests?
The following functional tests are carried out to test the best combinations between sink and mixer:
- free space, which analyzes the real space between the taps and the washbasin structure to see how easy it is to wash your hands
- practice, whose purpose is to verify the extent of the spray produced during the use of the mixer
- splashes, obtained through openings and closures of the mixer with different pressures.
Following these tests the certainty of the best combination of mixer and sink is obtained both from a technical and functional point of view as well as from an aesthetic one.
What are the types of sinks
In summary it is possible to classify the washbasins in the following types:
- column or semi-column: these are washbasins placed on a structure that reaches the floor, or which stops halfway up the wall; they are classic and extremely popular models
- suspended: anchored to the wall without any connection to the floor and are characterized by extreme lightness
- semi-recessed: the sink is integrated into a piece of furniture designed for this purpose and the space occupied is remarkably contained
- recessed or undercounter recessed: the washbasin is contained in a cabinet that, depending on how it is assembled, leaves the edge protruding or contains it
- countertop: in this solution the sink is placed on a surface that often also performs other functions, offering continuity with all the furniture
- free standing: they can be positioned anywhere, even in the middle of the room, when there is a water point on the floor and not on the wall
How to choose the right tap for your sink
Depending on the different type of sink you have, try to make a careful choice about the mixer.
If your sink has a shallow recess, the main risk that is configured is that related to the generation of annoying splashes of water that are distributed anywhere in the surrounding space. To avoid this inconvenience, you will have to choose a low mixer that can thus contain the water bounce.
Remember, however, that the height of the mixer must be such as to allow you to wash your hands easily, avoiding inconvenient postures.
It is a good rule to look for a correspondence between the ergonomics of the sink and the mixer: the depth of the spout of the latter should correspond to the drain of the sink in order to direct the water jet at best.
For a countertop sink, more and more trendy and therefore widespread in our homes, you can possibly evaluate a high-end mixer, necessary for the possibility of overcoming the side part of the sink.
The wall mixers are very beautiful and absolutely design. Calculate well the height at which they should be installed!