In newly built homes it is almost impossible to have it: we talk about the long, narrow hallway!
The long and narrow hallway is instead often a classic in older homes. Often you do not want or do not have the means to restructure and fully review the division of the rooms. You can try, therefore, to renew and perfect, rightly, what you have! That is the case of this project, I can define Relooking.
The long, narrow corridor of the customer needed to be characterized with accessories and color. As you can see in a few pictures of the situation before the project, you immediately have the view of the entire corridor from the entrance door, unless the sliding door is closed, dividing the two spaces.
Other identifiable characteristics are:
- the terrazzo floor, which still binds in decorative choice
- the color of the sliding door jambs and openings that lead to other two rooms
- the high ceiling, 3.15 meters for accuracy
The color, in this case, has also the task to readjust a long, narrow space, characterized by high ceilings.
1. Create a neutral basis
To play with color and accessories in a long and narrow hallway, it is essential to have a neutral base to start from. My initial advice was to paint with white:
- the sliding door that separates the entrance from the next section of the corridor
- the jambs of the two openings that lead to the kitchen and living room
- the front door panel
In this way all doors and doorposts of the corridor will have the same shade. In addition, the white weighs far less than the current brown.
2. Redesign the space
After having created a neutral basis, I proposed to the customer various hypotheses of color solutions. In the case of a long, and narrow hallway, in my opinion the color should have mainly the purpose to readjust the heights and lengths visually. The client did not want to make any masonry work (such as drywall). I then developed several 3D views that could better explain my ideas!
Here some of the developed views, then brought forward in the final solution. In particular, in these solutions, it was decided to:
- use a darker color on the ceiling, including beams or
- paint only the ceiling at the entrance, a vertical wall portion facing the wardrobe in the hallway along with a ceiling portion, and finally the front wall of the entrance door
3. View the result in preview
The final photorealistic render, only proposed for some agreed solutions, allowa the customer to see the result in preview and she can get an accurate idea of how her hallway will be transformed!
What do you think about? You can see how color plays an important role in interior design!
Pictures inserted in the renders? You can find something interesting on Arthewall! You can use the promo code easyrelooking to gain a 15% discount!